Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jacqueline Asher for City Council

I want you to know about Jacqueline Asher, "Jac," who is running for City Council this fall. Emeryville's election is on November 8. I believe that Jacqueline will be a wonderful addition to the City Council as she is someone who pays close attention, puts forth new ideas, listens to others and is smart, insightful and passionate. I feel that she shares many perspectives and some qualities with me, and will be a collaborative, thoughtful, approachable and effective city council member.

I am pasting her profile and ballot statement below. I hope that you get a chance to meet her in person at an event. Go to her website at www.jacasher.com.  If you are interested in getting to know your community better and working on electing a progressive to the council, please consider volunteering your time to her campaign. Donations to her campaign will also help to get her message to more Emeryville folks before the election. Consider hosting an event for you and your neighbors to meet Jac! I enthusiastically endorse Jac for City Council and urge you to give her one of your votes (you have 3)! Read Jac's statement below!
 
Sincerely,
 
Jennifer West
Vice Mayor of Emeryville
=============
 
Ballot Statement
Jacqueline Asher
Occupation: Educator
 
My family is proud to call Emeryville home. As a college instructor and parent, I am active in our community and committed to public service.
 
I am running for City Council to bring a fresh perspective to our city government. These are challenging times for cities, including ours, but I have a vision for a better Emeryville I believe we share and will work with you to achieve it.
 
As President of the non-profit Friends of the Emeryville Child Development Center, I recognize the importance of Emeryville’s strong partnership with our schools. We must encourage more families to become part of our community, and make sure we continue to serve those who are here.
 
As your Councilmember, I will work to provide needed services to our community, youth to seniors. I will pursue family-friendly housing, better pedestrian and bike access, well-maintained parks, locally-owned and neighborhood-serving businesses, and a continued commitment to the safety and security of our residents.
 
You can count on me to be accessible, effective, and committed to the future of Emeryville. Please join Councilmembers Ruth Atkin, Kurt Brinkman, Nora Davis, and Jennifer West and vote for me for City Council. Together we can make a difference for Emeryville!
 
www.jacasher.com