Monday, October 20, 2014

Let me tell you why I support Scott and Dianne...

I have been honored to serve the City of Emeryville for the past 5 years as a council member. I have worked hard to ask tough questions and communicate with you, my constituents. I have sent regular email updates, asked for your opinions, chatted with you at the grocery store, come to your communities, and responded to emails.  I have valued public participation and transparency, raising the expectations for our city to respond to your needs. We have accomplished a lot, but there is more to be done. It is time for me to pass the torch to folks I trust.

I endorsed both Dianne Martinez and Scott Donahue for city council because I am impressed with the skills and talents they would bring to the city council. They have different skills, and I would like to highlight how they would balance each other as leaders in town.

Dianne is an intelligent and personable candidate with common sense. I think Dianne will follow my path of bringing people together, creating and strengthening partnerships that are so essential in our ever more regional world. Spanning business and resident interests, Dianne will continue to create an environment for strong collaboration and connection. She will be a person who will work well with all council members.

Scott has been my advisor while I served on council. He has a strong history of all things Emeryville that I have relied on, and he is willing to listen and thoughtfully consider other people’s ideas, and share his own. He is passionate about quality of life issues, since he has seen the growth Emeryville has achieved, and values the possibilities for smart development with a practical side. 

Better bike connections, parks and public works projects will be priorities for both candidates.

The two candidates complement each other well, and as a team, both in their campaign and on the council, will bring a cohesive, dynamic energy that will carry on the work I have done.

Please join me in voting for Scott Donahue and Dianne Martinez on November 4!